Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance of teeth, gums and/or bite. It primarily implies improvement of dental esthetics in color, position, shape, size, alignment and overall smile appearance.
Cosmetic Procedures We Offer Here at Hoek Esthetic Family Dentistry in Virginia Beach:
- Teeth Whitening: We offer a couple different ways to lighten the shade of your teeth. An in office treatment will achieve the fastest and most noticeable result. This option is good for those who have an upcoming event, such as a wedding, where instant results are needed. A second option is a custom tray take home whitening kit. This option will still lighten your teeth one to two shades, but over a period of about 2 weeks. This option would be preferred for someone who tends to experience sensitivity with their teeth. Patients should be aware that no matter which option you choose, touch-ups will need to be done periodically to maintain the lighter shade. https://hoekdentistry.com/services/teeth-whitening/
- Veneers:Dental veneers, which can be porcelain (made in a lab) or composite (done in the office), are thin shells of tooth-colored material, custom made to fit over teeth and improve their color, shape and overall appearance.Patients choose veneers as a cosmetic solution to enhance the brightness of their teeth, straighten their smile or restore small tooth defects, as they easily correct issues like discoloration, fractures, or chips.Veneers are a less intrusive option than crowns or braces but they cannot correct problems such as an overbite or underbite.https://hoekdentistry.com/services/veneers/
- Crowns: Crowns are full coverage porcelain restorations that are fabricated at a dental lab. A crown can be used to correct the shape, color, chips, fractures, and position of a tooth; much like a veneer. However, a crown would be a recommended over a veneer in instances where a large portion of natural tooth structure is missing or a tooth has been root canal treated. https://hoekdentistry.com/services/dental-crowns/
- Tooth replacement-Implants or Bridges: There a several ways to fill a space created by a missing tooth. Of these ways, dental implantsandtraditional bridges are considered to be the more cosmetic option over a removable denture. A dental implant, which produces the most natural result, is a titanium screw placed in the jaw bone and is restored above the gum line with a crown. This is also the most conservative form of tooth replacement as it only involves the missing space. If a patient, however, is not a candidate for an implant, then a bridge would be recommended. A bridge involves crowning the teeth on either side of the space and a fake crown (pontic) would span the gap between them to fill the space.https://hoekdentistry.com/services/tooth-replacement/
- Complete Smile Makeovers- If you are interested in changing multiple things about your smile, then Hoek Esthetic Family Dentistry is the right place to come! By using a combination of the above procedures, and possibly incorporating orthodontics, we can correct any concern you may have with your overall smile; not just one or a few teeth. Call our office to set up a consult to discuss your concerns and your options for improvements!